Sunday, May 17, 2009

Strawberry & Avacado Spinach Salad



I had some avocados that needed finishing and since I had recently enjoyed using them in a salad I was thinking that another salad would be a good idea. Strawberries are in season so I had a bunch of them on hand and the idea of a strawberry and avocado spinach salad was born. I thought that salty bacon and tangy blue cheese would go well with the creamy avocados and sweet and juicy strawberries. I also had some fresh peas on hand I could couldn't think of a reason to not throw them into the salad as well. One of the things that I like about salads is that they generally don't require much cooking. Although I had to cook the bacon for this salad the rest was as easy as slicing a few things. The strawberry and avocado spinach salad was really good! I enjoyed using the avocados and strawberries in a salad once again. I will have to remember to use fresh peas in salads more ofter as well.

Ingredients:
1 clove garlic (grated)
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 5 ounce bag baby spinach
2 handfuls strawberries (sliced)
1 avocado (peeled, pitted, sliced)
1 handful fresh peas (optional)
2 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled, optional)
1 handful blue cheese (crumbled)
1 handful pecans (chopped)

Directions:
1. Mix the garlic, honey, mustard, vinegar and oil.
2. Assemble the salad and toss with the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment