Sunday, December 12, 2010
Grilled Chicken with Goat Cheese, Sundried Tomatoes and Fresh Basil
Okay, this has to be one of the best recipes I have tried in a while and it was a huge success last night at dinner. The dinner table was silent with the occasional sound of pure pleasure coming from someone. My oldest paused in between mouthfuls to say..."I'm never leaving home!" I'll take that as a compliment! Anyway, you must give this one a try!
2 tbs Garlic Minced
2 tbs yellow onion Minced
4 tbs Butter (1/2 Stick)
1 cup Dry white wine
0.5 cup Squeezed Lemon Lime Optional
1 1/3 cup Chicken Broth
0.25 cup Balsalmic Vinegar
2 tbs Cornstarch
2.5 cups Sundried Tomatoes
0.5 cup Basil Fresh Chopped
Salt and White Pepper
6 Chicken Breasts Cut into halves
Olive oil for Brushing
Balsalmic Vinegar for brushing
Salt Black Pepper to Season Chicken
12 oz Soft goat cheese at room temperature
1. Saute Garlic and onion in 4 TBS butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in Wine, Lemon juice, increase heat to Medium high and simmer.
3. Reduce heat to Low. Stir in Chicken broth. Add balsamic vinegar and slowly stir in corn starch.
4. Stir in tomatoes, Basil, Salt, White Pepper. Keep on low heat and Cover.
5. Brush chicken breast with oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper them.
6. Fry chicken in Iron skillet until thoroughly cooked. Place in sauce to keep warm.
7. When serving place an even amount of goat cheese on each breast. Spoon Sun dried tomato sauce over chicken and goat cheese.
Delicious served with my TDF mashed potatoes and fresh green beans!
Posted by Dawn at 1:06 PM