Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Best Mashed Potatoes...EVER!!!!!




I came up with this recipe about a year ago. We had gone out to one of our favorite places to have dinner and I ordered their mashed potatoes and thought they were de-lish. After that I couldn't wait to play around with a new recipe for mashed potatoes. I will warn you these are very decadent, but they are now a favorite at our house and everyone absolutely loves them! In fact the other day my oldest asked for a bowl of my mashed potatoes instead of ice cream for dessert...

1 5lb. bag of small Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 package Boursin Cheese (found in the specialty cheese section of most better grocery shops)
1 small container of sour cream ( I prefer Daisy or Breakstones)
3/4 stick of butter
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper

Start by washing and cutting up your potatoes into pieces. Leave the skins on! Fill a large pot with cold water and add your potatoes. Make sure the potatoes are completely covered with water. Add a little bit of salt to your water. Boil the potatoes until they are fork tender, drain and put back into the large pot. I start by slightly mashing the potatoes before adding the other goodies. Then add the cheese, sour cream and butter. Mash until everything is mixed well and then add the salt and pepper to taste.

Serve hot with your favorite dinner and enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment